This course gives direct, straight information about the use and abuse of the most common legal and illegal drugs. Each major drug is identified with a photograph, by class and by common terms. The history of the drug, the effects on the brain and other body parts, tolerance, withdrawal, effects on motor performance and driving and medical uses are covered in-depth. The ancient history of drugs helps us understand the origins of drug use and why people continue to alter their consciousness.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Health and Human Development
*School Culture and Violence
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime