Bullying among children is a very old phenomenon, but not until recently has it received considerable public and research attention. This course uses current research to help teachers understand bullying and its incidence, develop clear rules against bullying behavior, provide support and protection for victims of bullying, work with parents of bullies and victims, understand the legal issues for school personnel, and develop intervention and anti-bullying programs.
* Student will learn characteristics of different types of bullies.
* Student will learn characteristics of different types of victims.
* Student will gain a better understanding of environmental and genetic influences that influence bullying and victimization.
* Student will learn strategies for elimination and prevention of bullying across all grade levels.
* Student will become familiar with recent research relating to bullying.
* Student will further their knowledge about bullying as a social relationship problem.
* Student will be able to understand how to develop and implement an effective anti-bullying policy.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*School Culture and Violence
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime