Life skills for the 21st century are vastly different from the routine and manual tasks required in the previous century. The world of work for the 21st century will require complex thinking, communication, collaboration, problem solving, creativity and innovation, global awareness, financial literacy, leadership, and productivity. It is projected that students today will have more than eleven full-time jobs in their lifetime, jobs that don't yet exist. To prepare students to be successful in the 21st century, teachers must begin to use problems and questions that engage students in real-world challenges. Lesson planning that involves project-based learning will prepare students for the demands of the 21st century. Resources and ideas for all subject areas and grade levels will be provided for you to create relevant, interactive learning experiences that support 21st century learning.
Educators will be able to:
* define and describe the skills most in demand for the three 21st century themes
* explain to educators how the world has changed and what this means for education
* define what everyone needs to learn now to be successful in the 21st century
* describe how 21st century learning is different from learning in the 20th century
* explain the nature of each of the key 21st century skills
* plan a project that cultivates important 21st century skills
* create a project that will become more authentically connected to students' lives
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime