The backfire of the human potential movement is excessive emphasis on the individual, leading to not only a me-first attitude but also a strong disregard for the feelings and rights of others. Narcissists self-aggrandize, believe they are special when they are not, and become aggressive when challenged. The development, symptoms, and possible treatment of the epidemic of narcissism are covered in the course. Ideally teachers can help rein it in, leading to a more civil and productive society.
A. To identify narcissism and learn why it has become an epidemic
B. Learn the difference between narcissism and self-esteem.
C. Identify narcissism as a cultural trait.
D. Learn social trends that lead to narcissism.
E. Learn the relationship between parenting style and children's narcissistic personality traits.
F. Identify steps that can be taken to combat narcissism.
G. Develop a plan to target and combat narcissism in the classroom.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime