It's not about grades; it's about learning! When teachers provide effective feedback, they become learning coaches for their students. Learning coaches share strategies and techniques to help students succeed. An individual teacher can have a powerful effect on student achievement when they maximize the possibility of improving student achievement through effective feedback. Lots of ideas will be provided in how to phrase feedback to improve achievement for successful, struggling, and reluctant students.
Educators will be able to:
* give effective feedback to successful, struggling, and reluctant students to improve achievement
* use language to help children acquire literacy skills to enhance learning
* define noticing and naming, identity, agency and becoming strategic, flexibility and transfer (for generalizing), knowing, and an evolutionary, democratic learning community
* provide five examples of teacher talk for each of the above categories
* list five effective feedback statements to use to improve the achievement of the struggling student, the reluctant student, and the successful student and describe the types of focus, comparison, function, and valence related to the learning goals
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Motivation and Classroom Management
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime