This ancient civilization still exerts a strong hold on our imaginations. From its pyramids and temples, its beautiful art and architecture, its priests and rituals, to its daily life by the Nile, this course illuminates the powerful images of this fascinating culture. Discussions of recent historical research and archaeological finds bring to life the daily life in royal, elite, and priestly circles, as well as in lower levels of this society. Mummification, religion, recreation, clothing, warfare, medicine, mathematics and equality are discussed.
* Learn the early strengths and lasting contributions of Egypt.
* Discuss the role, influence and reign of the pharaoh.
* Describe the lifestyle of pharaohs and common people.
* Discuss Egyptian art and architecture, technology and science, literature, language, and law.
* Identify the choice of location and the political and geographic reasons for the location of the pharaoh.
* Identify and discuss the Old Kingdom, Middle Kingdom and New Kingdom
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime