Obesity in children is a serious issue with many health and social consequences that often continue into adulthood. By gaining an understanding of obesity and its causes, we are in a better position to implement prevention programs and understand treatment options that can help in controlling the obesity epidemic. By integrating information from scientific and popular sources, this course will help you understand childhood obesity and the economic, social, and political ramifications of this serious problem. Definitions, environmental and genetic causes are discussed.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Health and Human Development
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime