Understanding differences between home cultures and school cultures, enhancing cross-cultural communication, and increasing parent involvement help teachers develop methods for effective teaching. This course covers those topics as well as how to increase skills as researchers and how to use ethnographic techniques to learn about home cultures, thus preventing those cross-cultural conflicts that can be a source of problems in learning and communication.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Teaching in the Multi-Cultural Classroom
*Inclusive Classroom Teaching
*Instructing and Supporting English Language Learners
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime