This course provides an extensive background about the Vietnam War, the relevant history of Southeast Asia, and the consequences of the conflict on the region. The text also covers the social, economic, ideological, diplomatic, and military aspects of the Vietnam War. The final chapter deals with the postwar period and the economic reforms that brought Vietnam into the World Trade Organization. The DVD focuses on the military aspects of the war revealing details about covert operations, military strategy, and the emotional toll of the war. From bloody clashes in the la Drang Valley, Dak To, and the Iron Triangle, to the battles at the U.S. Embassy; personal perspectives reveal how the U.S.'s hard won victories and brutal defeats created a bitter fight for personal survival and divided the nation over the use of military power as a tool for global politics.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Contemporary World History and Politics
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime