The end of World War II promised apparent prosperity to the United States. But there was no peace. Instead, a "cold war" began between the United States and the Soviet Union fueled by ideological differences and military, scientific, economic and political rivalries. This course traces the initial period of the Cold War, its origins worldwide and apparent permanence.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Contemporary World History and Politics
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime