Religions of the World: Celebrating Diversity
Course #: EDUC_716O
Semester Credits: 3
In and out of the classroom, persons of different religious backgrounds coexist in the U.S. It is one of the most passionate topics that joins and divides society; yet little is known of the various beliefs. Because of this rapidly changing role, status and place of the diverse religions and traditions in our global society, the subject could not be more vital or topical; it affects society on so many levels, including your school. As a result, there is a need for educational professionals to gain more insight and information about the beliefs, traditions, festivals, and practices of the major and minor faiths that exist today. All of this information will help celebrate diversity with students, as well as improve communication among students, their families, and colleagues; thereby enriching everyone’s lives.
Whether you are a teacher, administrator, counselor, or educational consultant, you will benefit from the extensive study on major and minor religions and their various sects. The book and projects create a comprehensive guide to world religions with an emphasis on Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Shintoism, Taoism, and Native Religions.
Included in this course is crucial information on the world religions that affect the lives of your students, their families, and colleagues. This timely and comprehensive overview is a much-needed resource where you will be anxious to celebrate these diversities and similarities while sharing this information and insight within your classroom, subject area, and school.
- Understand the principal tenets of contemporary world religions including Ancient Religions, Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Chinese and Japanese Religions, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Native Religions and the sects stemming from them.
- Benefit from the comprehensive overview regarding the religions’ origins, beliefs, traditions, and festivals.
- Gain insight into the deep-seated emotions behind global faiths to better grasp their intensity as a way of life and celebrate its diversity.
- Investigate the fascinating range of major global religions and explore their differences and similarities.
- Understand the need to improve and display religious respect.
- Benefit from the many diagrams and pictures that help break down the meanings behind many facets within the individual religions.
- Learn about the earliest roots of religion and the traditions of indigenous faiths
- Gain further clarity with a timeline to give a rough estimate of events and developments within each of the religions.
- Celebrate the diversity of world religions and appreciate issues affecting the daily lives of your students, their families, and colleagues in order to better communicate, relate, and contribute to society.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Contemporary World History and Politics
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime