Terrorism, the plague of the late twentieth century and early twenty-first century, is as varied and complicated as the causes. The wide-ranging forms and the multiplicity of terrorist organizations astonish and alarm us. This course examines the roots, reasons, and varieties of terrorism from an array of perspectives and introduces the student to the importance of the terrorist phenomenon. Topics include definitions of terrorism and its scope, categories of international terrorism, potentials for terrorism in the United States, and the financing of terrorism. The relationship between terrorism and the electronic and print mediums and the status of women and children as victims of social violence are also covered.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Contemporary World History and Politics
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime