Because nutrition is an evolving science, this course includes a plethora of topics and controversies raised in the field. Obesity and diabetes are at epidemic proportions, and the detrimental effects on the health of adults, children, and teens are global. Food safety is a paramount issue today. This course gives recent information on all those topics and includes information about nutrition trends, nutrients, health claims of supplements and world hunger, nutrition and sustainability.
- Become familiar with up-to-date information by presenting current topics of information based on scientific evidence.
- Become familiar with nutrition education and health promotion concepts.
- Become familiar with interventions, strategies and resources pertinent to school-age children.
- Recognize major nutrition-related problems of children and youth.
- Understand relationships between nutrition and growth and development during childhood and adolescence.
- Understand psychological, social, cultural, familial factors that influence food behavior, and food intake.
- Understand how physical activity patterns of children and adolescents and how those factors affect food choices and nutritional needs.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Health and Human Development
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime