Personal Motivation & Maintaining a Positive Attitude in the Classroom
August 23, 2021 written by PDC
Personal Motivation and Maintaining a Positive Attitude in the Classroom elaborates on the concept that attitudes are contagious. The most effective teachers are those who exude enthusiasm and passion for their profession and the subjects they teach. Through this course, students will learn how to maximize their peak performance, set goals for success, evaluate and improve their personal motivation, and develop a clear pathway to create an environment of success and support for their students.
Course Number: EDUC 714A
Semester Credits: 3
In order to motivate students and be effective in the classroom, the educator must be excited about teaching. Personal Motivation and Maintaining a Positive Attitude in the Classroom elaborates on the concept that attitudes are contagious, and the most effective teachers are those who demonstrate enthusiasm for their subject and profession. This course provides the teacher with numerous tips for personal motivation, and it offers a variety of checklists for self-evaluation. Personal Motivation and Maintaining a Positive Attitude in the Classroom is designed as a course for personal and professional growth. The content relates to life in and outside of the classroom. This class will help rekindle the desire and drive of veteran teachers to excel in their roles as educators, and it will assist others in defining and reaching professional goals.
- Value the educational profession as challenging and rewarding
- Understand the principles of peak performance
- Appreciate the art of classroom leadership
- Recognize the roles that imagination, visualization, and affirmation play in the success process
- Comprehend the basics of clear and concise communication
- Realize the value of humor in effective instruction
- Cherish the role that positive parenting plays in student success
- Learn how to bounce back from adversity
- Develop a plan for personal motivation
- Fundamentals of personal motivation
- Characteristics of peak performers
- Art of classroom leadership
- Clear and concise communication
- Keys to effective listening
- Imagination, visualization, and affirmation
- Goal setting for success
- Dealing with adversity
- The keys to maintaining a positive attitude
- Multiple intelligences in the classroom
- Humor as a motivator
- Positive parenting for success in school
- Mentoring and collegial visits
- Personal characteristics of top educators
- Advice for beginning teachers.
- Rewards of teaching
Evidence of Learning Outcomes
Upon completing Personal Motivation and Maintaining a Positive Attitude in the Classroom, the student will have learned the fundamentals of personal motivation, setting and maintaining goals, developing a plan for visualizing and focusing on motivation, and much more. The student will demonstrate the practical application of the concepts learned through successfully completing projects and goal-setting procedures.
How to Register
Registration is simple and can be done online or over the phone. Courses are offered ongoing during three semesters, and enrollees may begin at any time. Students may choose to enroll in up to a maximum of 15-semester credits at any time during a semester.
Fall: September 1 - January 31
Spring: February 1 - May 31
Summer: June 1 - August 31