Students will visit a lighthouse museum of their choice and explore the historical significance of the lighthouse to the maritime community as well as the importance for the growth of the nation. The student will learn how lighthouses changed, including specifics regarding improvements in lighting technology, satellite navigation and radar, and why lighthouses are still important. The student will note the specifics of the lighthouse visited, including its location, why the site was chosen, relevant maritime dangers, lighting sources, lens types and effective distance, and light pattern for identification.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime