This course will help you participate more fully in some of the most important topics and discussions of our time: the promises and risks of new developments in information technology and media. The course is organized around important dimensions of society, rather than computing. Themes include the balance of the risk and reward of new technology, the economy, the community and politics. It also covers critical issues of our day as they relate to technology, such as telecommuting, causes of unemployment, women in the workplace, intellectual property, freedom of speech and others.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Integrating Technology into the Classroom
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime