Understanding the ins and outs of special education law can seem like a daunting and sometimes overwhelming feat. This is especially true for general education teachers, who are usually the first to notice when a student might require special education services. With ever-changing laws, how do you know your legal responsibilities, and more importantly, how can these students reach their maximum potential despite their limitations? Through jargon-free and easy to understand texts, the student will learn how to understand student disabilities, the pre-referral, referral, and evaluation process, Individualized education programs (IEPs), Section 504 plans, transitional services, roles of education professionals and their responsibilities, detailed descriptions of laws and related court cases, storing and maintaining records, and many more related topics.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime