Performance can be significantly affected by what an athlete eats and drinks in training and prior to competition. A few of the questions answered in this course include: How much foods and fluids to consume? What type? When to eat and drink? What to eat on the road? In addition, this course provides the student with knowledge about the occurrence of nutrients in foods and their role in human structure and function; digestion and absorption processes of nutrients in humans and factors affecting bioavailability; concept of food groups, tables of food composition, food labels, dietary recommendations, dietary requirements of athletes, disorders related to obesity, iron deficiency and calcium imbalance; effects of exercise on protein and carbohydrate metabolism, fluid imbalance; dietary supplements and nutritional aids in sports, and special needs of athletes.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Sports Psychology and Coaching
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime