Training the body to function at its best is the underlying goal of all runners and coaches. Using his personal experiences with racing ultramarathons as a starting point, the author of the text for this course explores the physiological, psychological, medical, and health issues in all aspects of running, including recreation, training, and competition that train the body to perform at its best. The course presents basic information on the physiology, training, and practice of running, with emphasis on long distance competitions. Pathologies associated with running and treatments are considered. Case histories of major runners are presented. Special considerations for mental, dietary, and other matters are given.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Sports Psychology and Coaching
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime