This course explores various ways to effectively teach poetry and create lessons that can engage students. It will also analyze poems from the text, including works by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, J. Patrick Lewis, and Robert Frost that will include ideas and themes that are accessible to children, with a view centered on how educators can render poetry as a source of joy and illumination in the classroom. The projects in the course will ask students to design their own plans and utilize included exercises for teaching specific poems from the book and from other books of verse that may interest them. The goal of this course is to provide educators with a structured opportunity for discovering poems and activities that will bring a fresh perspective on poetry to the classroom. This course will help overcome fears and apprehensions about poetry in order to open up a world of awe, emotion and music.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*Literature for the Classroom
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime