This course explores the history and behavior of youth street gangs, concentrating on the unique problems of female gang members. Styles of dress, graffiti, symbols, and rituals of the major gangs are reviewed and demystified through books and videotape. Specific topics include why females join gangs, profiles of female gang members, and organization and beliefs.
This course is applicable towards the following certificate(s):
*School Culture and Violence
Visit our Certificates page for more information.
Professional development courses for teachers.
Top Reasons to Enroll Online!
* Easy, self-paced platform
* Freedom to work on your course where Internet is available
* Requires only basic computer skills
* No papers or handouts to accidentally lose
* Receive books and/or DVDs in the mail
* Quicker turn around time for grades
* Online Chat available
* Ability to print coursework for your records at anytime